Friday, November 19, 2010

Bad Breath, Eh?

40% of the population at some point or another suffers from chronic bad breath, also known as halitosis.

There are many reason that you could develop bad breath:
-poor oral hygiene
-the infamous, gum disease
-certain foods like garlic
-tobacco & alcohol products
-dry mouth, which occurs from different medications or morning breath

The most recognized form of bad breath would probably be morning breath.  "Morning Breath" comes from lack of saliva flow while sleeping.  Your saliva is not washing away bacterias during sleep, they will cause the acids and debris, which form cavities, to putrefy in the mouth, thus causing stench. 

To reduce bad breath, brush twice daily and do not forget about your tongue.  Obviously, go to the dentist for your regular cleaning, and stay away from the onions and garlic.

1 comment:

  1. hope this helps you. I had awful bad breath and tonsil stones. Thank god my only friend told me to check Oraltech Labs advice as it got rid of her bad breath and her post nasal drip. I've been following Oraltech Labs advice for about 4 months now and I feel much better, also at work people are not avoiding me anymore so it seems to have cured my bad breath as well, so good luck. Jenny NY

    ReplyDelete